Music hall gets renamed
The Music Hall will be renamed Dale Beacock Hall in honor of the late Clark instructor and businessman.
Beacock was killed in a cycling accident last August. He was 81.
A lifelong musician, Beacock was the director for Clark's jazz band, concert band and brass sextet. He also coordinated what is now known as the Clark College Jazz Festival from 1970 to 1984. Winners of the competition are now awarded The Dale Beacock Memorial Sweepstakes Award in his memory.
Along with his wife, Sue, Beacock founded Beacock Music Company in Vancouver, 1976. The store's website boasts that it is the largest independent music store in the Pacific Northwest.
President Bob Knight asked the college community last December for their nominations. The choice to name it after Beacock was approved by the Executive Cabinet, and now formal dedication plans have begun. The naming will take effect during the spring quarter or the beginning of the fall quarter.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Independent News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE INDEPENDENT NEWS
RECENT THE INDEPENDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!