Music hall gets renamed
The Music Hall will be renamed Dale Beacock Hall in honor of the late Clark instructor and businessman.
Beacock was killed in a cycling accident last August. He was 81.
A lifelong musician, Beacock was the director for Clark's jazz band, concert band and brass sextet. He also coordinated what is now known as the Clark College Jazz Festival from 1970 to 1984. Winners of the competition are now awarded The Dale Beacock Memorial Sweepstakes Award in his memory.
Along with his wife, Sue, Beacock founded Beacock Music Company in Vancouver, 1976. The store's website boasts that it is the largest independent music store in the Pacific Northwest.
President Bob Knight asked the college community last December for their nominations. The choice to name it after Beacock was approved by the Executive Cabinet, and now formal dedication plans have begun. The naming will take effect during the spring quarter or the beginning of the fall quarter.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Independent News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE INDEPENDENT NEWS
RECENT THE INDEPENDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge