Music hall gets renamed
The Music Hall will be renamed Dale Beacock Hall in honor of the late Clark instructor and businessman.
Beacock was killed in a cycling accident last August. He was 81.
A lifelong musician, Beacock was the director for Clark's jazz band, concert band and brass sextet. He also coordinated what is now known as the Clark College Jazz Festival from 1970 to 1984. Winners of the competition are now awarded The Dale Beacock Memorial Sweepstakes Award in his memory.
Along with his wife, Sue, Beacock founded Beacock Music Company in Vancouver, 1976. The store's website boasts that it is the largest independent music store in the Pacific Northwest.
President Bob Knight asked the college community last December for their nominations. The choice to name it after Beacock was approved by the Executive Cabinet, and now formal dedication plans have begun. The naming will take effect during the spring quarter or the beginning of the fall quarter.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Independent News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE INDEPENDENT NEWS
RECENT THE INDEPENDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”