Music hall gets renamed
The Music Hall will be renamed Dale Beacock Hall in honor of the late Clark instructor and businessman.
Beacock was killed in a cycling accident last August. He was 81.
A lifelong musician, Beacock was the director for Clark's jazz band, concert band and brass sextet. He also coordinated what is now known as the Clark College Jazz Festival from 1970 to 1984. Winners of the competition are now awarded The Dale Beacock Memorial Sweepstakes Award in his memory.
Along with his wife, Sue, Beacock founded Beacock Music Company in Vancouver, 1976. The store's website boasts that it is the largest independent music store in the Pacific Northwest.
President Bob Knight asked the college community last December for their nominations. The choice to name it after Beacock was approved by the Executive Cabinet, and now formal dedication plans have begun. The naming will take effect during the spring quarter or the beginning of the fall quarter.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Independent News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE INDEPENDENT NEWS
RECENT THE INDEPENDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes