Honors cords paid for by ASCC
ASCC decided to pay for honors cords at this summer's graduation ceremony, and will also be providing students with transportation to and from the event.
Originally, those graduating with honors would have had to pay an additional $11 to complete their gown ensemble, but this is no longer the case.
"We felt it was something that they had worked hard to achieve and that some may not pay the additional expense to get the recognition they deserved," said Sarah Gruhler, director of student life at Clark.
Rental of the amphitheater costs $43,890 and is covered by state funding and ASCC. The costs covers staff, security, parking space and any additional set-up required for the commencement ceremony.
ASCC also decided that transportation will be provided for those students who would like a ride to and from the event without the worries of finding a parking spot. The buses will be leaving from Clark at 5:15 p.m. and 5:45 p.m, but will only be able to transport 80 graduating students. Signing up will be on a first come, first serve basis.
The commencement ceremony is Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 7 p.m. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m.
For more information regarding the graduation ceremony, contact Michelle Golder, special projects and activities manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Independent News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE INDEPENDENT NEWS
RECENT THE INDEPENDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...