Honors cords paid for by ASCC
ASCC decided to pay for honors cords at this summer's graduation ceremony, and will also be providing students with transportation to and from the event.
Originally, those graduating with honors would have had to pay an additional $11 to complete their gown ensemble, but this is no longer the case.
"We felt it was something that they had worked hard to achieve and that some may not pay the additional expense to get the recognition they deserved," said Sarah Gruhler, director of student life at Clark.
Rental of the amphitheater costs $43,890 and is covered by state funding and ASCC. The costs covers staff, security, parking space and any additional set-up required for the commencement ceremony.
ASCC also decided that transportation will be provided for those students who would like a ride to and from the event without the worries of finding a parking spot. The buses will be leaving from Clark at 5:15 p.m. and 5:45 p.m, but will only be able to transport 80 graduating students. Signing up will be on a first come, first serve basis.
The commencement ceremony is Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 7 p.m. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m.
For more information regarding the graduation ceremony, contact Michelle Golder, special projects and activities manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Independent News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE INDEPENDENT NEWS
RECENT THE INDEPENDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections